Thursday, July 10, 2008

Around the Camp Fire


Oh! I SO forgot to mention the story of Reagan around the Camp Fire on our trip to Guernsey so here it is - Reagan was the youngest of the "Big Kids" (3 and up) and one evening we were hanging out around the fire and all of the kids were taking turns singing songs. Not everyone was up to it and all of these kiddos had a good 2 years+ on her. Reagan's eyes were getting heavy as it was getting later but before I knew it - it was her turn. Although she loves to sing - I thought she'd be a bit shy to sing in front of 20 people especially being tired. If anything - I thought she'd MAYBE sing softly to me and would be overtaken and unnoticed by the chatting, singing and laughing of the other kiddos and adults. But to my surprise she stood right up, walked a bit closer to the light of the fire and sang VERY loud and strong for her little size! She sang her ABC's beginning to end perfectly with a sweet voice that commanded attention. She did SO well! We were all so proud of her and she had so much fun doing it! Such a cute little evening I hope to always remember!




No comments: